RE: jaws 12 freezing up

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:52:30 -0500

I've found that taking a few precautions have reduced crashes on my system.

1. When doing research, I often bring up several WebPages. Now I make sure
to close the ones I no longer need. When not using IE, I close it, which I
used to neglect to do.

2. Following earlier threads about memory leaks, I've noticed that JAWS
usage increases dramatically as the hours go by. So when not engaged in a
project, I unload it for a few seconds and then reload. I find Outlook 2003
has a similar memory leak problem, so I also close it at least once a day.

These steps have saved me from many freezes when they can cause the most
disruption.

I'm using JAWS 11 and 10. I have a feeling I'll be doing the same when I
feel safe upgrading to JAWS 12.

----