Re: jaws 12 freezing up

  • From: "Mike & Barbara In Arcadia" <mb69mach1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 07:11:19 -0800

Hi Shannon, Dave, & Chris;

I have this problem on a regular basis!  For , no reason!  It will happen
just by doing something as simple as clicking on something on the desktop.
When I invoke the Jaws key, windows key, + F4 keystroke, then when I try to
restart any version of Jaws with its respective hotkey, no version of Jaws
will load.  I have to do a hard shutdown & reboot before I get Jaws back
again.  I had this happen while I had Freedom Scientific on the phone for a
different reason and they couldn't figure out / explain why it would do this
either.  I thought, at first, that I would be very happy with J12 but, it
seems to be doing the same old crap the J11 did!  Losing focus & just quit
working while attempting the simplest of tasks'.  I have written them &
spoken with them, to no avail.  Hopefully somehow this activity, or lack of,
will get cleared up.  Oh, by the way, this is happening on 2 different
desktop computers running XPSP3 Home, 1 laptop running XPSP3 Pro, & 1
desktop computer running XPSP3 MediaCenter.  Take care.
Mike