Re: IE 7 and JAWS

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 18:41:15 -0400

Vicki,

I'm frustrated that, for whatever reason, my ISP is taking time to deliver my messages to the list, so I can't respond to you in a timely fashion. I used to have difficulty handling MS security updates, and the alerts do interfere with the operation of my system.

A few thoughts:

1. When a system starts operating poorly, it's often a sign that MS wants to send security updates. JAWS speaks the alert when you're not doing anything at the time, but otherwise you miss them. So when my system acts strange, one of my first checks is to go to the system tray to see if an alert is waiting for me.

2. Downloading and installing MS security updates is, I find, a two-step process. First I must click on the updates alert in the system tray and tab over to download.

3. JAWS does not bring up or speak the alert that the download is complete. You must go back to the system tray, enter on the item and tab to install.

4. Then you must monitor the installation process so that you know it, too, has completed. usually, the next step is to reboot.

I hope these suggestions are relevant to your situation today. Using JAWS 8 and XP, I find that IE6 still meets my needs.
Visit my webpage and podcast feed at www.blind-geek-zone.net

I'm just now getting ready to install IE 7, and I'm using JAWS 8. Are there any settings I should change in IE 7 to make it work better with JAWS? Thanks.

Vicki

--
JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system. http://www.eset.com