Re: IE 7 and JAWS

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 19:54:36 -0700

Kelly,

Thanks. I'm saving the several messages of advice I'm receiving in response
to my inquiry, and I'll be able to review them when I dedicate some time to
installing IE7 and getting to know it. Right now, I'm still trying to work
through a whole lot of buggy issues with FS tech support so I can see if
Jaws 8 will ever behave normally for me, or if I have to give up and just
run version 7 until version 9 comes out. This version 8 is a real hassle. By
the way, and here's something even this FS tech support guy blanked out
about when I asked him about it, how come with Jaws 8 and IE 6, every other
time I open some Web page, a sort of pop-up comes up that seems to serve no
actual function expect to say "RSS Feeds Available.," and offer a button to
close it, though you can just hit Escape, and then the page that's loaded
will open fully. What's that about? As it is, I can't imagine needing IE to
play a sound! I've already got this annoying announcement thing that took me
some time to figure out and get rid of without getting upset.