[jaws-uk] Re: Tesco.com

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 19:24:24 +0100

  Hi

I'm replying to all the messages re my question about Tesco.com.

When you enter 0 into the quantity box the problem is that sometimes it is not
recognised as a valid quantity. Like David said, this happens on a random basis
and might work today and not tomorrow or yesterday. If it were my Internet
settings as the man on the Tesco support line suggested, then it would not
happen randomly but all the time.

They are of course willing to amend your order for you by phone, but given the
amount of time I had to wait for an answer on the line and having them go
through your order, It would end up costing more than paying someone to do your
shopping for you!

All credit to Tesco for having this accessible version of their shop, but they
really need to work out what the issue is as it's happening with lots of blind
users and it's a real pain.

Last night I went to the non-accessible version of the sight and found my way
into my shopping basket. I worked out by trial and error the following.

Below the quantity for each item there is a + sign. If you left mouse click on
the + it increases the quantity by 1. If you left mouse click on the space
directly before the + symbol then the quantity is decreased by 1. There is a
button below the + which begins with a / and you need to click on this / symbol
after you amend the quantity of each item. It takes a bit of fiddling about,
but as a last resort it does work.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks for all the replies, glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Barbara