[j-say list] Re: Help: Still Problems with microphone after upgrade

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:23:27 +0530

Hi Fiona,

The laptop soundcard could be part of the problem. Do you have a USB
headset? If so, try using that and see if things improve. As for
microphones, T&T sell a few. Otherwise, see the microphone comparison
matrix at  http://www.knowbrainer.com/core/pages/MicCompare.cfm

I use the samson airline77 which is a top of the line dedicated
microphone for speech-recognition. There are plenty of other options
though.

Pranav