[iyonix-support] Re: SCSIFS and Hide

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 00:08:43 +1300

In message <49ff17e150.Bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <c6bff4e050.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I've been looking at the problem of too many USB card icons. Four on a
> > combined card reader gets in the way of mounting another memory stick,
> > as well as taking up space on the icon-bar.

> Have a look at !HideSCSI 1.03 by Colin Granville from:
> http://www.ftpc.iconbar.com/Utils/
>
> Bernard

Thanks for that Bernard, unfortunately the program is a 'helper'
to set up the same SCSIFS hide file system that does not allow
my selecting two of the four card slots. The four slots have
identical descriptions, so one hide entry blocks all four.

There may well be parts in the program I can gleen for use in my
planned replacement filer routine. The main complication arises
if I boot with an extra memory stick in place, It moves the four
slots up a position, so Filer_Opendir Fat32fs::0.$ needs to be
....::1.$ to get the same CF slot.

A scattergun approach trying every position for a valid file
system would be OK if I can get an error variable back for a
'no file system' condition.

Now to see if I can set the followup to c.s.a.programmer (-:
Nope, this is mail, groups are news.

Ron M