[iyonix-support] Re: SCSIFS and Hide

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 17:00:12 +1300

In message <9dae77e250.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <f2f7ebe150.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> > But I don't know how to search for MTP devices.  If you do,
> > I'd be pleased to learn.
> >
> > Dave
> I switched my Ssnsa E270 over to MTP, and USBInfo shows it
> as a ? and 255 255 255 in the Class SubClass and Protocol,
> same as a scanner.
> One significant difference is, as an MTP it has 3 endpoints
> instead of 2.
> That may be one way to find the MTP device.
<snip>
Just adding some more findings, I'll probably be in bed later.

Plugging in my Minolta A2 in PTP mode, The Iyonix has
knowledge of it, and it shows
Class      6  Imaging
Sub Class  1  Still Image Capture
Protocol   1  P.T.P.

and once again, endpoints 3, it has this commonality with
the Sansa, and no non MTP/PTP devices seem to use it.
One quote: 'MTP is an extension to PTP and shares the same
class code'
The information shown may be related to the USB device tables
in ROM.(It would be good to have extension/replacement tables
in !Boot.)

A quick peek at libmtp, it is 'friendly looking' as long as
file i/o could be translated for Riscos USB.

Cheers Ron M