[iyonix-support] Re: SCSIFS and Hide

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:59:16 +1300

In message <4B62E16E.5030808@xxxxxxxxxx>
          John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> A little info about this
>
> scsifs,, hence scsifiler can ONLY support 4 harddisc type drives and 4
> floppy type drives. (filecore limitation).
>
> So it will support the first 4 of each enumerated using a *devices listing.
>
> The hidescsi file provides a way to stop early entries on this listing
> from being shown to scsifs, hence scsifiler, so that later items in the
> list can be displayed.
>
> The 4+4 limit is rather central and 'hard', hence this workaround mechanism
>
> Colin Granville's configure plugin gave an easier interface to this
> mechanism.
>
> helpful?
>
> John
Yes, I have found I can only open four filer windows at one time.
The problem with the hide method at the moment is it's using
Vendor, Product, and Revision text which can be the same on
several devices.
The combo cardreader is one, My 2 Sandisk MP3 with Card readers also
would give four identicle Vendor.Product,Revisions.
If the text selection was mapped back to the device number as
seen in *Devices, (0:0.1 0:4.1 etc) and that was used for the hiding,
all would be well.

Aside from this, and just out of interest, I noticed that the order of priority
for the four drives 'allowed in'(after a RMReInit of SCSIFS)
goes:

0:4.0
0:4.1
0:3.0