[iyonix-support] Re: SCSIFS and Hide

  • From: Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:29:54 +1300

In message <1265011148.4b6689cc0b919@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          dave higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To perhaps clarify: the search I'm referring to is
> not on the USB, it's on the Internet, as in: how can
> I search for available MTP devices so that I can buy a
> cheap one?

OK, I got the wrong end of the stick.
Cowon players are good, but for the purpose of this exercise
my D2 will not obey the MTP setting, and the Iyonix connects
to it with Mass Storage anyway.
Some of the Sansa's can be reflashed with Rockbox, allowing
ogg vorbis, and a different user system.
I dont know, to read the magazines, everything comes with
MTP these days.
The July 09 Linux Magazine has an article on MTP and mtplib.
It may not be online yet, I can email some jpegs if you
like.

> PTP and MTP all have 3 endpoints: bulk in, bulk out,
> interrupt in.
OK, good, confirms that theory.

> I'm mystified as to how a 255/255/255 device can be
> seen as MTP - unless it was 255/255/255 prior to your
> switching it over to MTP.

> 255/255/255 is at the device level.  Presumably, at the
> interface level, it's typed 6/1/1?

No, it is 255/255/255 in the interface details as well.
It does show endpoints as 3 though.
When in Mass Storage mode (MSC) it shows as 8/6/80.

Wouldn't the Iyonix have to have a table entry for it to know
about all the particular (or any) MTP devices?

Ron M.