[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 512 and wireless keyboards

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 07:47:04 +0100
On 27 Oct 2006, John Crane wrote:
> In message <4d55c97b4ea87e8b7c4e.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]
>

>> Oh, I forgot to report: That NOW that both keyboard AND mouse are
>> plugged into a hub which is then plugged into Back Inner USB socket,
>> it now boots up correctly, all working.
>>
>> But - it DOESN'T boot-up correctly if that hub is instead plugged into
>> Back Outer USB socket.
>>
>> [I realise that this USB topography must be a temporary stop-gap
>> solution, because I understand SHIFT-BOOT won't work properly with the
>> keyboard thro' a hub.]
>>
>> See USB topography posting about the missing physical port number-4 as
>> reported in USBinfo [latest version 0.54]
>>
>> That fact may have some pointers on this enigma.
>
> That's at least two of us, suffering this way then. I have exactly the
> same problem with 5.12 and I am using the Keyboard and mouse that cam
> with my Iyonix (2004 vintage). Although my motherboard (due to failure
> of original) is in fact only 3 months old.

Thank you.
Sorry you too are suffering this affliction.

At least someone else has this; and by using the Iyonix's own
peripherals, so I now see that it would be completely pointless me
going out and trying to buy yet another bog-standard keyboard to see
if that fixes it, which is what I was going to do today (having
already bought a bog standard one yesterday).

> I have for the moment stopped using the outer rear USB socket and have
> everything plugged in via a hub in the inner one (for the same
> technical reasons as Roger)

Wow, well that duplicates my reported problems exactly!

I wonder why no one else has reported any problem?

What is frustrating, is that we have no other tweeks we can do (as
users) to get it going. There seems to be no programmable USB delay
that we can apply to each USB physical port, so, basically, it is
completely beyond our control. As I see it, we can go back to 5.11
which does work, or stick with 512 until some update fixes it?

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/

Lonely pen tops. Where are their pen pals?