[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 512 and wireless keyboards

  • From: John Crane <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:43:46 +0100

In message <4d55c97b4ea87e8b7c4e.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27 Oct 2006, Roger Darlington wrote:
>> On 27 Oct 2006, David J. Ruck wrote:
>>> On 27 Oct 2006 Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> Oh, I forgot to report: That NOW that both keyboard AND mouse are
> plugged into a hub which is then plugged into Back Inner USB socket,
> it now boots up correctly, all working.
>
> But - it DOESN'T boot-up correctly if that hub is instead plugged into
> Back Outer USB socket.
>
> [I realise that this USB topography must be a temporary stop-gap
> solution, because I understand SHIFT-BOOT won't work properly with the
> keyboard thro' a hub.]
>
> See USB topography posting about the missing physical port number-4 as
> reported in USBinfo [latest version 0.54]
>
> That fact may have some pointers on this enigma.

That's at least two of us, suffering this way then. I have exactly the
same problem with 5.12 and I am using the Keyboard and mouse that cam
with my Iyonix (2004 vintage). Although my motherboard (due to failure
of original) is in fact only 3 months old.

I have for the moment stopped using the outer rear USB socket and have
everything plugged in via a hub in the inner one (for the same
technical reasons as Roger)

--
John Crane, Iyonix RISC OS User