[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 512 and wireless keyboards

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:52:36 +0100
On 27 Oct 2006, Roger Darlington wrote:

> I have just installed a (FULL) RO 5.12 ROM [without changing a=20
> graphics board].
>
> But the previous setup of Mouse/Keybord no longer works.
>
> The previous set-up of mouse/keyboard is:
>
> Logitech MX510 USB not-wireless Optical Mouse.
>
> Plus
>
> Wireless USB keyboard: Advent (which has a wireless mouse in which the=20
> batteries are removed!).
>
> I was thus successfully using the wireless keyboard with a=20
> non-wireless mouse. [I was only using a wireless keyboard because I=20
> could not find a decent numeric keyboard with all the keys in all the=20
> right places that was just USB, non-wireless! : All the non-wireless=20
> keyboards I could find are cheapo cheapo =A35quid efforts, or their keys =
>
> are all squashed-up, or not in the right places, or with some vital=20
> keys missing altogether !].
>
> They were both pluged into the back Iyonix usb sockets, using 2=20
> sockets.
>
> This set-up used to work on RO 5.11.
>
> It doesn't on RO 5.12.
>
> The non-wireless USB mouse fails to light up (no power from the rear=20
> USB socket !)
>
> The Logitech Mouse WILL light up (in exactly the same USB socket) if I=20
> un-plug the keyboard and re-boot. So, something must have changed in=20
> RO 5.12 for this new behaviour to take effect [YES: I did previously=20
> have USB2, so no change there either]). I conclude that some new code=20
> switches off the power to the rear USB socket if something is not=20
> quite right. Can this be so?
>
> I have now had to revert to a totally wireless Advent combination:=20
> wireless keyboard plus wireless mouse, since the better Logitech=20
> non-cordless mouse will not now work with the wireless Advent=20
> keyboard.
>
> [If anyone can suggest where I can purchase a good (not cheapo cheapo=20
> =A35quid) USB keyboard that has all the right number of keys all in the=20
> correct places without being squashed up, please let me know].
>

> --=20

Moreover, I have just prooced that it is NOTHING to do with HID, for
exactly the same things happen without HID.

Conclusion: RO 5.12 is Rubbish!

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/

Never use just one cooking pot when you can make do with all of them