[iyonix-support] Re: USB topography?

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 09:58:43 +0100
On 28 Oct 2006, Roger Darlington wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2006, John Sandford wrote:
>> In message <4d55c97b4ea595877c4e.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> Roger your understanding is wrong, the usb 1,2,3 are
>> not the physical ports, usb 1 has two physical ports usb, 2 has 2
>> Physical ports these are usb 1.1 ports, usb 3 is the usb 2
>> inplementation which can be using any of the ports on usb 1 and usb 2.
>> All these can have multiple Channels.
>>
>> Look at the USB Status Full info window of UsbInfo to see a better
>> Scematic, double click the left hand "Eggs" which are the hubs.
>>
>> John
>>

> I'm even more puzzled now.

[snip]

After a further explanation of USB physical port numbers from John
Sandford  I concede that this line of enquiry into why Back Outer USB
socket doesn't boot-up properly in ROM512 is a red herring, and will
not shed any light on that problem.

[So the fact that Back Outer USB socket doesn't boot-up properly [even
when an Iyonix mouse and an Iyonix keyboard are used] seems to be
still an un-re-solved problem in ROM512].

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/

If you start nowhere, you'll finish up in the same place