[iyonix-support] Re: MP 3 Player - Error Message

  • From: Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 23:01:26 GMT

In message <4f6c93b6f0steyan@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Yandell <steyan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 05 Feb, Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In message <354a8e6c4f.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> In message <22c5736c4f.MThompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>           Matthew Thompson <mt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> At 1 GB, it can't be too big.

>> Thats good then, can rule that out.

>>> Did you plug it directly into the Iyonix or via a hub?

>> Initially just via a hub, but just tried it direct into the Iyonix and
>> the same result.

>> Does the fact the icon appears suggest it could work ? or is it a red
>> herring ?

>> cheers
>> Matthew

> I do not know if this is relevant, but ...
> I got the same error message ("Bad block size - must be 256/512/1024") on
> plugging a 2Gb pendrive into my Iyonix. I dodged the issue by transferring
> the files to a pendrive which I knew worked. I assumed that the problem
> lay with the format of the drive.
> (Any further information willingly given if I am told what to try)

I'd say that it's relevant as it shows there is a type of drive which
is being encounted but isn't Iyonix compatible. I did a search through
the Iyonix support list archives and have found a posting from someone
else (forgotten the name now) about a MP3 player bought from Tesco and
he encountered the same message we have both mentioned.

He mentioned reformatting the drive, I am reluctant to do that incase
it ruins it and becomes totally unusable, however I am sure that when
I first got an MP3 player ages ago it was suggested that you needed to
format the drive to Fat 32 on a PC so that it would work.

Does anyone know if this error message can be resolved so that this
MP3 player and other devices can be made to work, it's almost there,
the machine recognises it but doesn't like the format I guess.

cheers
Matthew

--

 Message sent from an IYONIX www.iyonix.com