[iyonix-support] Re: Epson scanner 1660 lock ups

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:13:55 GMT

In message <4e7ddc4e50Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <f55bd87d4e.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Webb
> <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In message <4e7dd5b49bcharles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> charles
>>           <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> > I get an almost identical problem with 5.11, in that it starts to
>> > preview and then locks up.  I talked to JB at Guildford and he said
>> > that rebooting the scanner gets it going.  This is done by unplugging
>> > the power supply and then reconnecting.  It seems to work for me.
>
> !USBKick should also work for this situation.
>
> [Snip]
>
>> I have tried all the above and can't get it to go. I either get a lock
>> up or a USB I/O transfer failure.
>
>> I've used USBKick , plug and re-plug etc all to no avail.
>
> If you see an I/O transfer failure then check the version numbers of the
> USB modules (USBDriver, OHCIDriver and EHCIDriver). Does the scanner
> disappear too?
>
>> Like I said it used to work on RISCOS5.11 without fail , though i had
>> earlier issues around the same time that Chris Evans reported the same
>> problems. These were resolved but i can't remember how.
>
> There was a new ROM issued.
>
> Ian

Ian<

I have tried things again and below is the detail of the information I
obtained.

*Help USBDriver
==> Help on keyword USBDriver
Module is: USBDriver       0.47 (22 Feb 2006)

Commands provided:
USBBuses        USBDevices      USBDevInfo      USBConfInfo
USBSetConfig    USBSetInterface USBDiscover     USBReset
USBQuirk
*Help OCHIDriver
No help found.
*Help EHCIDriver
==> Help on keyword EHCIDriver
Module is: EHCIDriver      0.14 (15 May 2005)

Scanner plugged in after warm up period, No scanner shown in USBInfo
then used USBKick.

*help usbdriver
==> Help on keyword USBDriver
Module is: USBDriver       0.47 (22 Feb 2006)

Commands provided:
USBBuses        USBDevices      USBDevInfo      USBConfInfo
USBSetConfig    USBSetInterface USBDiscover     USBReset
USBQuirk
*help OHCIDriver
==> Help on keyword OHCIDriver
Module is: OHCIDriver      0.29 (31 Dec 2005)
*help EHCIDriver
==> Help on keyword EHCIDriver
Module is: EHCIDriver      0.14 (15 May 2005)

Scanner now present in USBInfo and tried scan and get I/O USB transfer
failure

Hope this helps

Doug
--
Using a Iyonix PC 512Mb, RISC OS5.12, !NetFetch & !MessengerPro.
All based on UK technology, No Windows here