[iyonix-support] Epson scanner 1660 lock ups

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:25:03 GMT

Hi,

Since upgrading to RISCOS 5.12 my Epson scanner now fails to work.

It shows up in USBInfo but when I try a scan everything locks up.

I have tried USBKick and this does not help.

I can do a preview and it then either locks up or gives an I/o error
saying that the USB transfer failed.

In addition it does seem to start the scan process, as indicated by
the scanner head moving , but it then locks on the final bit.

This problem seems the same as one I remember having on either one of
the ROM upgrades or on going initially to USB2. I think Chris Evans
started that tread.

Are there any other tests I can do or help with diagnosing the issue.

It worked with RISCOS5.11 and USB2 installed.

Thanks

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC 512Mb, RISC OS5.12, !NetFetch & !MessengerPro.
All based on UK technology, No Windows here