[iyonix-support] Re: Epson scanner 1660 lock ups

  • From: Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:36:18 GMT

In message <4e7de58f76Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <ef4ee47d4e.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Webb
> <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In message <4e7ddc4e50Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Ian Hamilton
>>           <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>

>> > If you see an I/O transfer failure then check the version numbers of
>> > the USB modules (USBDriver, OHCIDriver and EHCIDriver). Does the
>> > scanner disappear too?
>
> [Snip]
>
>> I have tried things again and below is the detail of the information I
>> obtained.
>
> [Snip]
>
>> Scanner now present in USBInfo and tried scan and get I/O USB transfer
>> failure
>
> The modules are correct, try the scanner in the adjacent socket. This
> problem may be connected to the socket problem that John Crane and Roger
> Darlington are seeing. If switching the socket does work then report the
> information as in 'ROM 5.12 and USB' thread.
>
> HTH,
> Ian

Hi Ian,

Well I've had some progress.

I have  removed from my Boot sequence the following items:

LoadUSB2 - This loads my previous purchased copy of USB2
Interim - This loads a lot of old drivers on earlier versions of
RISCOS.

This now enables me to be able to plug the scanner in and it to be
recognised every time and for the OHCIdriver to be there when I first
check.

I then tried to scan in using the top front USB socket and I get an
I/O failure.

I rebooted and moved to the lower front USB socket and I can now scan!

I'll send a email update on the RISCOS5.12 and USB thread.

Thanks

Doug

--
Using a Iyonix PC 512Mb, RISC OS5.12, !NetFetch & !MessengerPro.
All based on UK technology, No Windows here