[iyonix-support] Re: Epson scanner 1660 lock ups

  • From: charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:34:24 +0000 (GMT)

In article <6ad9d47d4e.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,

> Since upgrading to RISCOS 5.12 my Epson scanner now fails to work.

> It shows up in USBInfo but when I try a scan everything locks up.

> I have tried USBKick and this does not help.

> I can do a preview and it then either locks up or gives an I/o error
> saying that the USB transfer failed.

> In addition it does seem to start the scan process, as indicated by
> the scanner head moving , but it then locks on the final bit.

> This problem seems the same as one I remember having on either one of
> the ROM upgrades or on going initially to USB2. I think Chris Evans
> started that tread.

> Are there any other tests I can do or help with diagnosing the issue.

> It worked with RISCOS5.11 and USB2 installed.

I get an almost identical problem with 5.11, in that it starts to preview
and then locks up.  I talked to JB at Guildford and he said that rebooting
the scanner gets it going.  This is done by unplugging the power supply and
then reconnecting.  It seems to work for me.  It never used to happen, but
I can't remember at which version of the OS it changed.  I don't use the
scanner as much as I used to.

Now UniScan, released at the Guildford show, might solve the problem and
allow me to use an A3 flat bed scanner without spending a fortune.

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11