[interfacekit] Re: BHandler::fToken

  • From: "Adi Oanca" <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOS IK Team" <interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:46:39 +0200

> I just read through the mails on this and looked through the headers on
BView
> and BWindow. It won't be necessary to modify BHandler's token.

Why do you people do not understand what I am saying!
I NEVER said I want to modify BHandler::fToken.
I SAID I want to use it! I SAID that I WANTED TO SEE IF IT CAN BE
MODIFIED!!!

> BView and
> Window each have an additional identifier token declared. The BWindow's
token
> will be received from a synchronous message when the BWindow contacts the
> server. BViews aren't known to the server until attached to a window, so
when
> BWindow::AddChild is called,

Yes, I don't know why I've said that this will be done in BView's
constructor!
I must've been sick!

> the server will need to send a token for each
> view added. I haven't figured out the details yet, but this is how it
should
> work in general. :)

The reason I've sent that email, was, to ask people if I can use
BHandler::fToken, because, it already it is a unique identifier; I thought
we can use it!

FINALLY,
        Forget about this email, I will use BWindow::server_token and
BView::server_token!