[interfacekit] Re: BHandler::fToken

  • From: cdegea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cedric Degea)
  • To: interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:50:56 CET

> (on the client-side BWindow->fLastViewToken, keeps the current
> > view), this reduces command size overhead.
>
> Mmh, I wonder whether 4 bytes for the token would be of any significance.
> At least performance-wise the, at least two, syscalls to deliver the
> set_current_view command should outweigh the additional overhead for
> copying of hundreds of tokens.

BView drawing instructions are buffered/queued, the write_port()
sys_call is only issued once the queue is full, or Flush() explicitely called.
The set_current_view() function call I dunno, but one might guess
it could be inlined?

--
PGP key: http://cdegea.free.fr/degea_kagi_pubkey.txt | BeDev E-16870
"What's oil got to do, got to do with it" -- F02 Chorus