[PCB_FORUM] Re: thermal flash snafu

  • From: Barbara Seeger <blm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:31:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Gary,

   Yes command prompt should do it. It's fine to do with one brd name
   like this:

      flash_convert neg_plane_refresh_old.brd

 And you can do wildcarding but what you have is a new style library, and
 one old style brd so I'would just do the brd.

  The command doc says:

 flash_convert [-t] [-v] [-b] <allegro database(s)>

     Convert bsm files to fsm files and set drawings to new flash mode.
     Allows batch conversions where you can specify more then one file
     on the command line.

        -t   run in test mode only. report proposed changes to logfile
        -b   only convert given database. By default, flash_convert will
                also attempt to convert any dependant external bsm files
                to fsm files. This option is usefull in environments where
                these files are stored in read-only areas.
        -v   report if board is new or old flash type (no conversion done)
                this option causes any other options to be ignored

        <allegro database(s)> may be one or more board, dra or old
                style artwork flash (mechanical.bsm)

 When you re-open it (if the log sauys it was successful)
 it will have the thermals loaded.

   -barbara

> From: "Gary MacIndoe" <gemcad@xxxxx>
> To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: thermal flash snafu
>
> Thanks Barbara, but I'm not sure how to run "flash_convert" on the board. Is
it in a command prompt window, as "flash_convert *.brd"?

> Thanks for your help!
>
> Regards,
> Gary MacIndoe
> gemcad@xxxxx<mailto:gemcad@xxxxx>