[PCB_FORUM] Re: thermal flash snafu

  • From: JCharles TEYSSIER <jeancharles.teyssier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 19:52:17 +0200

Refresh padstack created with shapes is not easy.

- Refresh shapes
- Then refresh padsatck (do not refresh both at same time)

Sometimes it does the trick...

Jean-Charles

Gary MacIndoe a écrit :
Hey guys,

Ok, I've been creating Negative shapes for many years, and have been banging my head over this one for hours, several times. It looks like the thermal relief shapes are not being displayed correctly, or not found.

I am working on a design that was initially created by someone else, and my DIMM symbol is not showing the thermal connections as it should (first screen capture, BAD).
When I do a Tools -> Padstack -> Modify Design Padstack and edit the padstack in the design, I can see that it is finding the thermal flash symbol.

My symbol is fine, as you can see as it is used in a similar design that I created (second screen capture, GOOD).

I have looked everywhere I can think of to see if something is set wrong with no luck. I have performed Update Symbols with everything checked with no luck.

Any ideas?
Thanks for any help, it's driving me nuts (well, more nuts)!

BAD

GOOD

Regards,
Gary MacIndoe