[ian-reeds-games] Re: Some thoughts on turns and rounds

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 16:26:10 -0700

Hey Carlos,

Thanks for the ideas on types of neutral units.

I actually have an idea about how to support the 3 groups you specified.
I was thinking that for each team you might specify how it views the other teams.
For instance:
Team 1 considers 2 team 2 an enemy and team 3 a neutral

So for your first group these units would view other teams as neutral.
It would actually work if they viewed them as friends but had no skills to use to benefit them.
I may do it this way in the beginning and add neutral later.
Though I suppose that gives you a problem if you want to destroy them, so we either need neutral or an option ot override when the game stops you from hurting your friends. Neutral could be interesting for units that actually do have skills but don't do anything until you either attack them or enter their holy temple or something that might aggravate them.
Then they might switch to viewing you as an enemy.
Or if you gave them food and they were starving they might suddenly become friendly to you.

Your second group would just view all other teams as enemies.
And the third group would view all other teams as friends.

I haven't decided on the cleanest way to let map creators specify this, but that's my current thoughts on it.

Thanks again for the thoughts,