[openbeos] Re: What about a demonstration kit ?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:03:03 -0700

Hi Lawrence,

Lawrence Debow wrote:
am fairly familiar with the OS and BFS attributes. my company Driversoft wrote the original BeOS LDAP interface and we were working on the BeOS SmartClient for NetWare before things went south... got my trusty Be Developer's guide for light reading and such.

That's great!

Have R5 Pro here and a copy of Zeta somewhere. Will try to install BeOS under VMware now and see. anyone who is running Haiku under VMware on a Mac Book for point of reference?

You can just use the nightly VMWare images from the Haiku Files archive here:

http://haiku-files.org/vm/

These VM images work pretty nicely in VMWare; Haiku is not a speed demon in a VM, but it's more than adequate for this particular purpose. And the People and Mail apps that you would need to create People and email files are included, so that should get you started. :)

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Koki