[openbeos] Re: What about a demonstration kit ?

  • From: Lawrence Debow <led@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:47:52 -0600

am fairly familiar with the OS and BFS attributes. my company Driversoft wrote the original BeOS LDAP interface and we were working on the BeOS SmartClient for NetWare before things went south... got my trusty Be Developer's guide for light reading and such. Have R5 Pro here and a copy of Zeta somewhere. Will try to install BeOS under VMware now and see. anyone who is running Haiku under VMware on a Mac Book for point of reference?

On Jun 23, 2008, at 7:21 PM, Jorge G. Mare wrote:

Lawrence Debow wrote:
As a non programmer type (with solid creative abilities) i simply need direction in terms of specific tasks to be accomplished and the required tools (and platform) for creation of said demo package. i have a variety of tools and platform at my disposal and can obtain or downlaod whatever I don't have. that is if you would like to assign these tasks to me.

Primarily, we are talking about creating people/email/mp3 files with BFS attributes, and for that you need you need either Haiku, BeOS or ZETA. So you will need a working installation of either of these three, and you have to be familiar enough with the OS to be able to create the above-mentioned files with their proper attributes.

Cheers,

Koki