[openbeos] Re: What about a demonstration kit ?

Thank you. My primary platform is a Mac Book pro (with XP Pro <uggg>under VMware Fusion). SOmewhere we have an un-networked instance of BeOS R5. I imagine everything could be done on the Mac or Windows? I have been unsucccessful in generating screen shots of Hiaku under VMware...yet.... I have the imagination for sure.

On Jun 23, 2008, at 5:57 PM, Olivier Coursière wrote:

Hi,

Lawrence Debow wrote:

i have been lurking here watching and listening. my company's BeOS background dates back many years but I am not a Developer (they have all moved on!) : ( with that said, what tools are required? I would be very interested in doing this if the tools to be used are fairly user friendly, et al
I think you largely qualify for the job :
- creating a list of coherent people files (maybe with funny names, from different countries, organized in groups...) require only the People application and some imagination - creating some mails related to some of those people should only require BeMail (and still some imagination).
-  ZipOMatic should do the packaging stuff for now

Adding attributes to multimedia files for titles, artists,... may require some extra tools from bebits.

But tools should remain user friendly as we want to show key features of Haiku to "standard" users. If not, we probably miss our goals (http://www.haiku-os.org/about or 1 below) and that should be corrected as soon as possible :-)

Welcome on board !

Olivier

1) "Inspired by the Be Operating System, Haiku aims to provide users of all levels with a personal computing experience that is simple yet powerful, and void of any unnecessary complexities."