[openbeos] Re: WalterCon 2008: Change of Plans

  • From: "Dennis d'Entremont" <dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:30:03 -0300

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> 2008/7/22 Jorge Mare <kokitomare@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > http://www.haiku-os.org/getting_involved_in_haiku
>
> Oh...we need to update that indeed :)
>
> Still mentions M. Phipps as the "accountant".

Part of the reason that I don't put a whole lot of faith in that page is
precisely that which you have just mentioned. It's hard to tell if what is
listed is still needed or not.

I also think that new community members can be quite shy and maybe not
willing to speak up themselves right away. Maybe a weekly or monthly message
saying something like "We need your help" and listing current tasks that
general users and/or professionals can help with would encourage more
volunteers.

Also, if there are a few people like me who don't check the website super
often (other than the RSS feeds of the main page) then we might not notice
when/if these sections of the website get updated.

The last time I offered to help with general stuff nothing ever came of it
so that's also a little discouraging but won't stop me from donating some of
my time in the future. I may be qualified to help around the website with
general maintenance and content updating. I'm not a super writer but I can
manage. I will offer my help in that regard. Unfortunately I am not an
accountant, lawyer, or copyright nerd so I'm sorry I can't help much there.

--
Dennis d'Entremont
IT Professional CNA, MCP, A+, ITIL