[openbeos] Re: WalterCon 2008: Change of Plans

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:26:38 +0100

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Schülke wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:46:58 +0200, Michael Phipps <michael.phipps@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyway - I think that the people in the US who might be interested and capable of helping are working too many hours already at their day jobs. Like me, for example.

I think other, haiku os is opensource as we bsd ore linux.
Haiku inc have todo a job and when the people have not time ore fun then mast he play fair (fairplay)
and say, ok i cant do this. And we can look to other alternative.
A lot of people (developer and user) are spent time for haiku devlopment, for the most it is more then a hobby os ore a fun job. Also haiku inc is in time the orginasation behind this so far, so good ?

I'm not sure I completely understand your point, but I think you have a misunderstanding about what Haiku, Inc. actually is. It is simply a legal entity to hold Haiku copyrights and income/donations as an official non-profit organisation. It doesn't employ people. There is boring admin stuff that has to be done, and often it's hard to find volunteers to do that, and so that stuff gets left behind.

I don't understand your apparent anger towards Haiku, Inc. when you are obviously an avid Haiku follower. I had the same feeling about all of the anger and abuse Luposian directed at the developers whilst claiming he really wanted Haiku to succeed.

Maybe the language barrier is getting in the way here. If you post about your concerns in German I'm sure someone will respond :)

Simon

I will see, now i am go into me and thinking ...

Ralf