[openbeos] Re: OBOS Poll: Multiple Monitor Support

  • From: "John Gabriele" <jandl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 23:14:38 EST

> I've been thinking about R2 having multiple-monitor support, ...
>
> ... and the other side thinking that extra monitors should
> all share the same workspaces, much akin to the multiple workspace support
> under Windows. I would like to know what the developer community thinks.

Well, I haven't yet contributed any code to the project, but:

Personally, I think that the coolest thing about having multiple
monitors would be being able to drag a window that's in your
way on one monitor over onto the next monitor.

All monitors sharing the same workspace -- not sure how much
trouble it would be to allow the different monitors to all have
different resolutions and refresh rates...(?)

I seem to remember some Mac preference where you could drag
the little squares around (each representing a little screen/monitor)
to logically arrange screens to match where the monitors physically
were on your desk (never tried it, but it looked just the coolest!).

After all, I thought the purpose of workspaces was because most
folks couldn't afford to have multiple monitors with the cool set-
up as described above.