[openbeos] Re: OBOS Poll: Multiple Monitor Support

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:59:50 -0500

> >Is there a reason why this is an either/or question?
> Actually, yes. I'm still working on what is required
> for either feature. I'd like to know which would be
> preferred if I can't allow for both.

Well, to throw the other side of the arguement in, I'd think I'd
prefer "sharing" workspaces between monitors... just let each monitor
pick which workspace (well, the user) to display.  That way, if working
in the primary monitor space, I was to decide I wanted that on the
second monitor, I'd just open that workspace for the second monitor,
and if I wanted to, choose a different workspace for the primary to
work on something else.

At least that's my interpretation of what you meant by sharing
workspaces.  If it's the "stretched across monitors" workspace thing,
nope, that's kludge, IMHO.

Deej