[openbeos] Re: OBOS Poll: Multiple Monitor Support

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:38:25 +0100 (MET)

Well, multiple monitor support this way is near doable already with stock R5...
except only user 1 will be able to work :^)
That is app_server can be instanciated more than once, and it will open the
next available device.
apps can be told to use another app_server using
export APP_SERVER_NAME=matisse (or whatever)
from the shell
The only trick is input_server only wants to talk to the first instance of
app_server, so the apps on the other ones can only be controlled roughly with
hey, but not interactively :-(