[openbeos] Re: ISO-9660 BFS filesystem extension

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:51:48 +0100 (MET)

Well, I had thoughts about this the other day...

I think we even won't have to change mkisofs if we use standards (hidden) files
to store attributes in them, that a modified iso9660 driver would understand
and map attributes from.

We could put them in each folder in BEOSATTR.DAT or something,
and place a BEOSINDX.DAT in the root dir to hold all the indexes.
thoses files could be creates by a special command 'isoindex', placed in the
folders, then we would mkisofs on the result.

that way we could have plain iso9660 mp3 CDs readable even on portable mp3
cdplayers, though still having all the indexing we did on it before burning :)

I'd like to do it, but since I have lots of other projects (including OBOS :^))
maybe someone could do it ?
a startpoint would be
file:///boot/optional/sample-code/add-ons/iso9660/ :)

About UDF... yeah that sounds nice, but does it support indexing too ?