[openbeos] Re: ISO-9660 BFS filesystem extension

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:40:39 +0100 (MET)

> you can trudge along and make some extension.
> then if you don't modify makeiso you're going to
> have to create at least one other program and
> probably heavily modify an ISO driver. all the

It actually wouldn't be that hard.

> ones for BeOS that i've seen have some pretty
> bad shortcomings. (for example they don't
> support level 3 where you can have
> fragmented files which are becoming
> more common thanks to directCD). i think you
> may spend a good deal of time attempting to hack
> the ISO driver to provide this functionality. valuable
> time that could've been spent elsewhere, IMO.

I think it would probably really make more sense to write an UDF driver
than to extend the current ISO-9660 driver to support either level 3 or
attributes.

OTOH extending the existing driver is easy compared to implement a
whole new file system, preferably with write support.

Adios...
   Axel.