[openbeos] Re: ISO-9660 BFS filesystem extension

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:15:06 +0100 (MET)

> exactly.. you made my point.. there are several operating systems out
> there,
> in fact I use over 6 different ones a day.  Can you explain to me the

:-)

> usefullness of BeOS-only attributes on a CD on a non-BeOS system?
> The
> iso9660 format can hold files viewable on most (if not all) operating
> systems, joliet format (as crappy of a hack as it is) can handle long
> file
> names.. BeOS attributes, as awesome as they are, would be near
> useless on a
> CD meant for many operating systems.

Yes, they would be useless on other systems - but you can still read
the files there.
But on BeOS the CD would have the icon I want it to have (although we
also could adopt the method Windows is using there), the windows would
open where I want them to with the correct size and all the attributes
visible, etc.

There *IS* an added value to such a CD, and I think you may agree with
that. I don't care if this added value would only come to play on some
systems.

Adios...
   Axel.