[haiku] Re: Connecting the Community with BeShare

  • From: Barrett <barrett666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 23:41:23 +0100

Hello,

> As far as Caya- It requires gcc4 and will not run on the latest gcc2
> hybrid (least not here..)

It's caused by the layout ABI broken by some changes, if you recompile caya
it will work (but at the moment you can compile it cleanly only under a
gcc4 based build). I want to release something in the next days / week to
test my WIP improvements.

Am 11.03.2012 19:37, schrieb Rimas Kudelis:

> I can't stop anyone from doing that. I'm just saying that from my PoV,
> packaging and supporting it would be a little waste of resources, and Haiku
> doesn't have too many of them. Why not spend those 10 minutes to improve
> Caya instead? :P

I agree with that. Caya and BeShare are simply different, both are useful
programs and should be developed providing native p2p and irc-like sevice
and support for popular im protocol on the other hand. Also we have Qt IM
clients, qt programs are useful, but our aim is to provide a native
(integrated) alternative. Caya actually support various protocols XMPP
(Jabber, gtalk, facebook), MSN, AIM, Yahoo...all low level code to support
modern features is implemented in the libraries, the program is just
waiting for devs to implement the needed code, it's all planned in the
Roadmap, http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/caya/roadmap.

Regards