[haiku-development] Re: Looking for feedback on enhancements for dealing with Mac keyboards with Haiku

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 23:20:10 -0400

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:52 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>wrote:

> > What does the
> >
> > keyboardLayoutFiles = $(keyboardLayoutFiles:G=keyboard-layout) ;
> >
> > line do?
>
> It adds the grist to the target name.

I am not familiar with the term grist. Is that something that identifies the
files as keyboard layout files?

> > I am getting the following error trying to build:
>
> Sorry, the variable is called SEARCH_SOURCE, not SOURCE.

SEARCH_SOURCE didn't work either. On a hunch I tried

local keyboardLayoutFiles =
"Generic 104-key"
... ;
keyboardLayoutFiles = [ Glob $(keyboardLayoutsDir)
: $(keyboardLayoutFiles) ] ;
keyboardLayoutFiles = $(keyboardLayoutFiles:G=keyboard-layout) ;
AddDirectoryToHaikuImage system data KeyboardLayouts ;
AddFilesToHaikuImage system data KeyboardLayouts
: $(keyboardLayoutFiles) ;

which seemed to work. I am not sure what the SEARCH_SOURCE and SOURCE
variables do but I managed to get rid of the '/' this way. Does the above
look okay to you?

John Scipione