[haiku-development] Re: Looking for feedback on enhancements for dealing with Mac keyboards with Haiku

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 05:33:29 +0200

John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
> wrote
> > (*) Explicit file listings would be the most stringent, though in many
> > cases laziness wins.
>
> Well in this case my motivation is not laziness. I don't want to
> explicitly
> copy individual files because I know that all the files in this directory
> including subdirectories are KeyboardLayout files and I want them all.

Besides that this is not even true -- currently there's already a .svn
directory that needs to be explicitly excluded from copying -- people might
have other local files there (e.g. backup files generated by editors).
Moreover, just because ATM all files contained in the directories should be
copied doesn't mean that this will be the case forever. If someone puts an
experimental layout there that is not ready for prime time or a Jamfile,
.gitignore, or ... is added for whatever reason, those would have to be
excluded from copying them to the image as well. This kind of reverses the
purpose of HaikuImage. It is supposed to define the image contents, not what
shouldn't be part of it.

CU, Ingo