[haiku-development] Re: Looking for feedback on enhancements for dealing with Mac keyboards with Haiku

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:07:41 -0400

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Just one remark: Generally it should be avoided to use target names with
> directory components. I don't think it has negative effects in this case,
> but the usual, less error prone approach is to add grist to the target names
> and set the SOURCE variable on them to their directory, i.e.:
>
> local keyboardLayoutFiles =
>     "Generic 104-key"
> ;
> keyboardLayoutFiles = $(keyboardLayoutFiles:G=keyboard-layout) ;
> SOURCE on $(keyboardLayoutFiles) = $(keyboardLayoutsDir) ;

What does the

keyboardLayoutFiles = $(keyboardLayoutFiles:G=keyboard-layout) ;

line do?

I am getting the following error trying to build:

$ jam -q haiku-vmware-image
...patience...
...patience...
...patience...
...patience...
...patience...
...patience...
...patience...
...patience...
don't know how to make <keyboard-layout>Generic 104-key
don't know how to make <keyboard-layout>Generic 105-key International
don't know how to make <keyboard-layout>IBM Laptop International
don't know how to make <keyboard-layout>Kinesis Advantage
don't know how to make <keyboard-layout>Kinesis Ergo Elan International
don't know how to make <keyboard-layout>TypeMatrix 2030
don't know how to make <keyboard-layout>Apple Aluminium Extended
International
don't know how to make <keyboard-layout>Apple Aluminium International
don't know how to make <keyboard-layout>Apple Aluminum (US)
don't know how to make <keyboard-layout>Apple Aluminum Extended (US)
...patience...