[haiku-development] Re: Intel GMA X4500 Video Handholding?

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:30:24 +0100

François Revol wrote:

And anyway, every DVI port out there integrates a VGA port - you just
need a cheap adapter or cable. And the lesser known fact is that
every

Hmm I'm not so sure...
IIRC DVI has 2 flavours (digital and analog, sometimes both), and only
analog ones actually generate VGA signals.

Yes the standard does include an analog only port (the DVI-A), but what's the point of it?

So far, all the cards I seen had DVI-I ("integrated" analog and digital). Let me know if you find a digital only (i.e. DVI-D) card ;-)

Regards,

Gabriele - www.biffuz.it