[haiku-development] Re: Intel GMA X4500 Video Handholding?

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 08:15:36 -0800

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 8:09 AM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With your experience with storage drivers I think you might be good at
> fixing some of the problems with the ATA driver. Though I suppose it
> is more an issue of chipsets than hard drives.

If someone can come up with a motherboard that contains one of the
offending chipsets, and send it to me, I can build a working computer
around it.

I also have a near-infinite supply of mostly old but still working
PCs, because my landlord runs an e-Waste recycling center.

The machine I just got working though is SATA; I don't think it has an
IDE port at all.

Do the ATA problems only occur with parallel IDE, or also with SATA?

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com