[haiku-development] Re: Intel GMA X4500 Video Handholding?

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 00:10:23 -0800

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You might see something on a VGA output - it's likely that you have VGA
> output via a DVI adapter.

That works!  I have a cable that is DVI on one end and VGA on the
other.  When I use it, I get video, and the Screen prefs has the
refresh rate options.

However it is not presenting the right resolution for my monitor.  It
is 1400 by 900 but the Resolution menu has:

1400 x 1050
1440 x 900

Selecting either of those turns my monitor black.

Are the resolutions retrieved from the monitor, or are they hardcoded
in a table in the driver?

This is very exciting!

Mike
--