[haiku-development] Re: Design for signed packages

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 17:26:45 +0200

On 03/28/2014 09:28 PM, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
There's also choice 3: Showing the dialog like in Choice 1, but
showing which other certificates signed the certificate. Then the
user can still decide.

Thank you, that's exactly what I proposed.

That X.509 is in libraries doesn't help us at all. If we someday want
it in the kernel or loader, we're screwed.

No, it only means we would have to implement the parts we need. With a homebrewn solution we will definitely have to implement everything ourselves. And yes, if that solution simply omits important parts (like signed certificates) it would definitely be simpler (and less useful).

CU, Ingo