[haiku-development] Re: Design for signed packages

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:00:50 -0400

On Mar 25, 2014 4:55 PM, "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyway, it seems to me that to get a significant benefit out of
supporting Secure Boot one would have to go to great length. I'm less and
less convinced that it is worthwhile to consider it at all. And with it
making package signing anything more than an optional feature mainly
targeted at third parties.

+1, I frankly don't see the point of most of this myself, it's certainly
not functionality I'd voluntarily use at least, or be willing to see
enabled in a default build.

Regards,

Rene