[haiku-development] Re: Defining more standard attributes

  • From: "William A. Lawson" <william.a.lawson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:15:30 -0400

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Other possibly helpful attributes:
>        {Media|Image|Video}:Size
>        Video:Bitrate
>        Video:Codec
>        Video:Length
>        META:Keywords
>        {META|Media}:Thumbnail
>
> Naturally, our applications should set those attributes automatically
> if possible (things like Video:Length, and Video:Size).
> Opinions welcome.
>
> Bye,
>   Axel.

+1 for image size.  I actually wrote a BeOS utility a while back to
add and populate this attribute, but it was a bit awkward to use.
Since the attribute couldn't be applied to the image super-type, if
you wanted to see the attribute in tracker you had to enable it for
each individual type of image in the folder.  That left you with a
loft of columns that were empty for most files.

In any case, it's something that I would definitely appreciate seeing in Haiku.

--Bill