[haiku-development] Re: Defining more standard attributes

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:03:11 +0100

Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Humdinger wrote:
> > A very late reply... Sorry 'bout that.
> >> n Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Oh, and i've got a late reply too :)
> Shouldn't it be Video:Duration instead of Video:Length ?

Yes, I just went for what we already had (Audio:Length).
But before we put more work into this (the BeUnited RFC is pretty
superfluous, btw), I think we should decide some things:
1) should we keep the existing Audio:* attributes around, or should we
replace them where appropriate?
2) should we use the MIME super type name (like Audio:) as a prefix,
and META: for everything that is not media related? Or should we have a
Media: prefix for everything that is media related, and covers both,
audio and video?

For example, if we had Media:Duration, Tracker would show the duration
of audio/video files in a single "Playing Length" or "Duration" titled
column -- which I personally would prefer.

Once that is clear, I will prepare something to discuss further.

Bye,
   Axel.