[haiku-development] Re: Busted!

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:11:27 +1000

Ryan Leavengood wrote:
How often are you updating your Haiku build? It appears that clearly
it is too often. If you are developing something outside of core
Haiku, and do not need the latest and greatest code DO NOT UPDATE SO
OFTEN. It seems obvious to me. Heck I avoid updating often just so I
don't have to constantly rebuild large parts of Haiku when headers
change or whatever.

If I were you I would get a stable build going, develop my code, get
that working, then update to the latest Haiku to make sure the code
still works. Unless it takes months, then I might update every two
weeks or so.

And therein lies the problem. As yet I haven't been able to get a stable build, there are always major issues. I'm updating daily in the vague hope that it happens.

Developing code on a computer that crashes four times an hour and corrupts its own file system isn't very viable.

Rob