[haiku-development] Re: Busted!

2009/5/20 Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Right now I'm spending 50% of my available time
>> keeping the O/S running and/or rebooting and
>> cleaning up damaged files and/or reinstalling
>
> Sounds like you would save yourself a lot of time
> and aggravation by using Linux or FreeBSD to build
> Haiku, for now.
>
> /Jonas.

And sometimes it is best to start with a clean build from a complete
fresh svn checkout, like some of us experienced while building Haiku
on the Mac. And as earlier mentioned in this discussion a clean build
that was reported broken compiled just fine.

And remember no developer deliberately breaks a build. It just happens
and most of the time not everyone will experience the same. Sometimes
a $PATH variable is setup in a different way on your system compared
to that of another dev. You can spend hours looking for this kind of
errors. Or even never find it yourself, unless your show your problem
to someone else even if this person is your mother or little sister.

Regards,
Arnold