[haiku-development] Re: Busted!

  • From: Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 19:34:13 +0200 (CEST)

> 2009.05.24. 18:46:59 dátumon Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> írta:
>
>> Have you tested the Installer? I'm using that one for updating my Haiku
>> installation. If it works as the one on BeOS then it will copy all that
>> exist on that partition included all aplication you hace copied and/or
>> installed.
>>To access it now write Installer in the terminal window.
>
> I know about the Installer, but i don't understand how can it help to me?
> It don't update an running system. It don't help to eliminate the KDL
> problem. It is only a tool for copying the files.

" i write the image to flash drive, boot from
it, and owervrite the old Haiku install wit the new files."
If you use the installer here it won't be any KDL as it copies the files
from tyhe flash to where you point the installer.

Don't know anything about updating a running system and changing the
kernel while running. That must be a lot of memory problem and I don't
think Haiku will support such thing before R1.

This are how I install my Aspire one.
I'm building Haiku from my Dell (using Zeta) to a USB flash drive, boot
the aspire one from that USB and use installer to update my installation
on the aspire one.

I also uses my aspire one and Haiku developing my projects I currently
working on using BeIDE and Pe.

--
MVH
Fredrik Modèen