[haiku-development] Re: Busted!

  • From: Mizsei Zoltán <miqlas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 21:21:14 +0200

Hey!

> Don't know anything about updating a running system and changing the
> kernel while running. That must be a lot of memory problem and I don't
> think Haiku will support such thing before R1.

I'm not a developer, but i think, no. Under the boot process it need copy the
kernel to an another file, and change the pointer to show the shadow copy.
Or a change in the boot manager to allow select the kernel at boot, like in
linu*? (Update the Haiku, but not overwriting the kernel, but make a new, with
another name. And at boot select the new?...

Before You ask, yes, i tested with another flash drive, and i got KDL too.

--
Tisztelettel:
Mizsei Zoltán